Jul.14, 2009 in SEO for Facebook Pages
As the lines continue to blur between SEO and Social Media Marketing strategy, it is no surprise that the major social networks like Facebook and LinkedIn are focusing heavily on improving their platforms’ performance in organic search.
If you manage a Facebook Page, you are sitting on a powerful SEO opportunity, but you may be missing out on all that glorious organic search traffic supercharged by social networking.
Here is a summary of the 10 key SEO Strategies Every Facebook Page Owner Should Know:
You should read the full article at Inside Facebook, one of my favorite blogs and the leading source on everything Facebook.
Full article: 10 key SEO Strategies Every Facebook Page Owner Should Know
1. Pick the best name for your Facebook Page – don’t change it
2. Select the best URL for your Facebook Page
3. Use the “About” text box to place keyword-dense prose near the top of your Page
4. Use the “Info” tab to include more important keywords, text, and high priority links on your Page
5. Create “Static FBML” boxes and tabs to place lengthy content and more static links on your Page
6. Post direct links to your website (or other relevant sites) in your Page’s stream
7. Add photos with captions, events with descriptions, and a discussion forum
8. Get more inbound links to your Facebook Page from the web by posting links to your Page on all your websites
9. Get more intra-Facebook inbound links by getting more Facebook fans
10. Strengthen intra-Facebook reciprocal linking by getting fans to comment and like content in your stream
Implementing SEO for Facebook Pages is a simple strategy that could yield huge returns in the form of top rankings and increased organic traffic. After reading the full article, review your own Facebook Page and consider areas where SEO is needed.